[Digikam-users] ipod photo integration

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Sep 20 10:11:16 BST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 10:51, Seb Ruiz wrote:
> Hi Dudes,
>
> To begin with, marvellous work on digikam!
>
> I'll be quick here - libgpod will soon be releasing photo support with
> their library for interfacing with ipods.  As there are no decent
> programs to upload images to the ipod, I wanted to write one.  The I
> thought it would be cool have this as a plugin for Digikam.
>
> Is there any existing plugin infrastructure, and if so, where could I
> read up on how to use it?
>
> Cheers,
> Seb
>
> ps: please CC, as I'm not on the list.

Seb,

the plugins architecture is kipi-plugins. it use libkipi. You can find all
informations about API at KDE API page :

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.5-api/extragear-libs-apidocs/libkipi/html/index.html

The API doc is a little bit out of date. I recommend you to checkout the kipi
implementation from svn trunk. Take a look here :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/libs

If you want to create a new kipi-plugin, i recommend you to susbcribe to
kde-imaging at kde.org mailing list, where all kipi developpers are (the ML is
clean)

The official kipi project page is http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kipi

A new web site is under contruction.

Angelo can you remember me the new web site URL ? Also can you guide Seb if i
have forget something ?