[Digikam-users] color profile input: a question

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Fri Sep 1 09:45:51 BST 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 23:15, F.J.Cruz wrote:

>  There are 2 options:
>
> - Your camera is doing the conversion from and unknown profile to
> adobeRGB and is embedding this one into the image.
>
> - Your camera isn't doing the conversion, but it's embedding such
> icc profile.
>
> In my modest opinnion, if you are working with RAW images, then
> there is no conversion and the profiles is embedding only.

Right.  But I don't work with RAW, as my camera is terribly slow in
saving RAW images.  Therefore I normally take JPGs.  As far as I
can see, the camera does the conversion.  Otherwise I would assume,
to see more difference when opening the image with other non-CMS
programs, right?

What does digikam, when opening an image with a profile embedded?
Is this profile used?

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373