[Digikam-users] a suggestion / digikam 0.9-Beta 2

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Tue Oct 3 17:47:04 BST 2006

Dear listmembers,
yesterday I recognized that it is somewhat "non-intuitive" to modify the icon
of a folder. Clicking on "Album attributes" there is no way to modify the
tiny album icon. I mean, from a "logical" standpoint the icon is an attribute
of the album, isn't it? So, why not allow to modify it from the album -
attributes? After reading the manual I found it is very simple to modify it
using drag and drop; nevertheless IMHO this is an attribute of the folder and
should be modifyable via the folder's attribute menu.

Secondly, if I have a folder containing nothing but folders I cannot assign a
mini-icon to it (or I did not find a way how to do it) except copying some
files into it - but that's not what I intended to do. But maybe I am just to
silly for this; an example:

<Holidays Country 1> -|
                      |-<Location 1>
                      |-<Location 2>

I haven't found a way to assign an icon to the "<Holidays Country 1>" if there
are no files but two subfolders in it.

Both issues nothing "serious", these are just comfort issues - and my 2 cents
here .....

Thanks for all your work on digikam!

Take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)