[Digikam-users] DigiKam and ACL

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen kubuntu at mekanix.dk
Mon Oct 2 08:35:37 BST 2006

Hi

I'd like to have a folder shared between my wife and me, containing our
DigiKam albums.

This means I need a shared folder where we both have rw access to all files
and subdirectories. And any created files and subdirectorie would inherit
those filepermissions.

I looked like ACL would be the solution, by setting a default ACL for the
shared folder. Ie:

setfacl -d -m u:wife:rw sharedfolder/

But it looks like DigiKam is overruling the default ACL from imported pictures
by removing any writeaccess for all except the owner.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Bjarne