[Digikam-users] utf-8

Pottier Michel Michel.Pottier at free.fr
Tue Nov 28 16:15:42 GMT 2006

Le mardi 28 novembre 2006 12:09, Fabien a écrit :
> Caulier Gilles wrote:

> > Fabien,
> >
> > Since all major linux dist. will toogle to UTF8, I think than the content
> > of this thread must be added on FAQ.
>
> Yes, I agree.
> I did some tests about that. There are some tools to rename files with
> the new encoding...
> With ubuntu, there's a migration tool named utf8-migration-tool (written
> in python) to do the job :
> http://packages.ubuntulinux.org/dapper/misc/utf8-migration-tool
>
> There's also convmv (written in perl) :
> http://j3e.de/linux/convmv/man/
>
> Could people using other distributions check if there's some migration
> tool like that ?
For mandriva 2007, it seems that the same convmv can be applied.
Mandriva provide also a script at the address:
http://qa.mandriva.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/MandrivaLinux2007Errata#UTF8_issue_when_reinstalling_and
(and there is a french page to explain how to convert the filename ant the
content of the file:
http://sebdeblinux.free.fr/)