[Digikam-users] utf-8

Michel POTTIER Michel.Pottier at free.fr
Sat Nov 25 12:04:01 GMT 2006

Hello Arnd
And thank you for your answer.
My system was configured with UTF-8
cat i18n
LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=fr_FR.UTF-8
..

In fact the solution is, for me, to rewrite the name of the files
(rewriting the same accent) using konqueror (impossible to do that from
the prompt).
Now all is OK.
Thank you again
Michel
(now i have a 10Gb photo database with 5000 photos ... the result of one
year work ! (photos and scans))
Thanks to the digikam team!