[Digikam-users] color management: monitor profile greyed out

Caspar Maessen cmaessen at casco.demon.nl
Tue Nov 21 21:23:57 GMT 2006

Op dinsdag 21 november 2006 07:53, schreef Gilles Caulier:

  > > > http://www.etg.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de/web/doe/xcalib/  Am I
  > > > correct ??
  > >
  > Yes, i'm agree. monitor color correction must be done outside
  > digiKam in fact and must be controled by screen driver (X11 in fact
  > under linux), and not by an user application directly.

Do I understand this discussion correctly. If I load the monitor
ICC-profile in the graphicscard with a utility like xcalib or dispwin
when starting the X11 environment, then there will be no more need to
use the "Use color managed view"-option from the advanced
colormanagement settings?

And is this through for digiKam only, or for every application that uses
colormanagement, as bibble for instance?

Caspar.
--
Wanneer vorm gaat overheersen, dreigt de inhoud in gevaar te
komen. --R.C.M.Pelger, UvL.