[Digikam-users] color management: monitor profile greyed out

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Nov 21 06:53:28 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 17:06, Nicolas Vilars wrote:
> > I own a Spyder2express, If I understand well,it's better to apply the
> > monitor profile outside of digikam
> > using tools like
> > http://www.etg.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de/web/doe/xcalib/  Am I correct
> > ??
>
> Yes exactly.
> You may also check with Argyll.
>
> I wrote an howto using both tools and try to do some measure to see if
> what we get is color correct:
> http://linux.vilars.com/

Yes, i'm agree. monitor color correction must be done outside digiKam in fact
and must be controled by screen driver (X11 in fact under linux), and not by
an user application directly.

Daniel, i never use here digiKam Monitor color correction. We have done this
option to be fully compliant with a color management workflow.

Gilles