[Digikam-users] About unsermake

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 11:24:36 GMT 2006

Hello,

I was able to reproduce the problem with unsermake, also on ubuntu. In
fact, the problem is not related to the distribution. I thought "make"
on Daniel Bauer Suse version was defaulted to unsermake instead of make.
But, I don't think it's the case. In my ubuntu system, make is gnu make
and unsermake is only called with unsermake, not with any alias.

I saw that "make -f Makefile.cvs" gave the warning about unsermake. In
fact, it's the script itself that tries to use unsermake !
There's a perl script that detects what to use, detect-autoconf.pl :
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin/detect-autoconf.pl

If you run this tool when unsermake is installed, it will try to use it :

<<<
digikam-svn/libs/admin$ ./detect-autoconf.pl
AUTOCONF="/usr/bin/autoconf"
AUTOHEADER="/usr/bin/autoheader"
AUTOM4TE="/usr/bin/autom4te"

AUTOMAKE="/usr/bin/unsermake -c"
ACLOCAL="/usr/bin/aclocal"

WHICH="type -p"

export AUTOCONF AUTOHEADER AUTOM4TE AUTOMAKE ACLOCAL WHICH

Fortunately, there's a workaround with UNSERMAKE="no" .

<<<
digikam-svn/libs/admin$ export UNSERMAKE="no" ; ./detect-autoconf.pl
AUTOCONF="/usr/bin/autoconf"
AUTOHEADER="/usr/bin/autoheader"
AUTOM4TE="/usr/bin/autom4te"

AUTOMAKE="/usr/bin/automake"
ACLOCAL="/usr/bin/aclocal"

WHICH="type -p"

export AUTOCONF AUTOHEADER AUTOM4TE AUTOMAKE ACLOCAL WHICH

So, I added it to the scripts :
http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn

and also in a new FAQ entry :
http://www.digikam.org/?q=faq/digikam

I hope this will fix the problem in any case :)

Daniel, if you could try again with unsermake installed, it would be great !

PS: now that the scripts looks ok, I'll make an nice announce in the
user list and maybe on the website (blog entry ?) :)

--
Fabien