[Digikam-users] "Install digiKam in your Home Directory"

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Wed Nov 15 17:35:01 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:10, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Fabien,
>
> i have a lot of crash reports duing of dual installations of Exiv2 releases
> on computers. Only one Exiv2 instance must be installed on computer. There
> is no binary compatibilty between old Exiv2 releases and digiKam will be
> fragilized in this case.
>
> I recommend you to post this information somewhere in web site for users
> wiho whant to compile digiKam and co. Thanks in advance
>
> Gilles

Hi,

it's running now :-)

(I just started it up, didn't test anything, but it started. I'll see how it
works in the next days...)

So as much as I understand, those are the problems (on my System):

	- "unsermake" must be uninstalled despite eventual conflicts
	- "exiv2" other versions must be uninstalled

side notes:

"unsermake" gets automatically installed again on Suse, as soon as one
installs just anything with Yast. So one has to think that after each install
(no matter what) one has to de-install unsermake again before compiling
digikam.

I have been updating all kde stuff to the latest 3.5.5 today and then got a
configure: error: you need to install kdelibs first. In fact kdelibs has been
installed, but the qt3 stuff had to be updatet, too. (Yast didn't tell me
that the existing qt-libs dont work with the updated kde-devel etc.). After
updating qt3 packages configure/make run correct.

regarding my old exiv2: that time I compiled it I used checkinstall instead of
make install to have a rpm. So I can deinstall it now for testing digikam and
reinstall it when using ufraw....

have a nice evening

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch