[Digikam-users] "Install digiKam in your Home Directory"

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 09:37:30 GMT 2006

Daniel Bauer wrote:
> I just wonder about the /usr/local/lib/libexiv2-0.10.so lines, because my svn
> compiled versions are here: /home/digi/digikamSVN/lib

Yes, that's a problem.

> Do I need another prefix or something for configure?
>
> This is what I've done this morning:
>
 > [...]

It looks ok. More important, I think, is how you start digikam.
Try to see lib dependencies with ldd :
# ldd digikam | grep -i exiv2

It's important to use the environment variables, eg :
# export DIGIKAMDEST=/opt/digikam
# export KDEDIRS=$DIGIKAMDEST:/usr
# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
# export PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/bin:$PATH

before starting digikam (also with valgrind).

Note: I added yesterday another point concerning the KDEDIRS that must
be in ~/.profile to be loaded by KDE desktop when it's starting :
http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn#attachments

--
Fabien