[Digikam-users] "Install digiKam in your Home Directory" wouldn't work :-(

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Nov 14 16:06:36 GMT 2006

Hi, (sorry for braking the thread. I received only part of the emails from the
list yet and found your answer in the online archive...)

Fabien write:
> Hi,

> Daniel Bauer wrote:
>> After a long time with no time for experiments (always working with 0.8.2 >
>> and
>> sometimes with a old svn-version from 2.6.2006...) I found the scripts on
>> your website (http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn)  to install the svn
>> version in a separate directory.
>>
>> But the digikam-compile ends with errors:
>>

>> What did I do wrong?
>> Do I have to change some other settings/prefeixes...? (I am working on
>> OpenSuse 10.0, KDE 3.5.4)

>Hmm, I think it's relevant to unsermake.
>There are some warnings in log about that.
>Try to use gnu make instead (gmake).

> Fabien

Do you mean simply replacing all "make" by "gmake" in "compile_digikam.sh"?
I tried that, but it leads to the same errors.

I just doublechecked: I have installed both unsermake and GNU make. I'm not
sure, but I guess on my system "make" is similar to "gmake". So I gave it
another try replacing all 8 "make" in the script by "unsermake" (including
those in "make install") .

Now the process went further, but then stopped after compiling/linking
kipi-plugins with:

/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot
find -lkipiplugins
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Error creating ./kipi-plugins/mpegencoder/kipiplugin_mpegencoder.la. Exit
status 1.

the complete output is here:
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/digikamunsermake.txt

What else can I try?