[Digikam-users] "Install digiKam in your Home Directory" wouldn't work :-(

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Nov 14 12:39:12 GMT 2006

Hi everybody

After a long time with no time for experiments (always working with 0.8.2 and
sometimes with a old svn-version from 2.6.2006...) I found the scripts on
your website (http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn)  to install the svn
version in a separate directory.

But the digikam-compile ends with errors:

ERROR:kipi-plugins/printwizard/Makefile.am: unknown source extension .ui for
kipiplugin_printwizard.la
ERROR:kipi-plugins/batchprocessimages/Makefile.am: unknown source
extension .ui for kipiplugin_batchprocessimages.la
ERROR:kipi-plugins/galleryexport/Makefile.am: unknown source extension .ui for
kipiplugin_galleryexport.la
ERROR:kipi-plugins/flickrexport/Makefile.am: unknown source extension .ui for
kipiplugin_flickrexport.la
ERROR:kipi-plugins/slideshow/Makefile.am: unknown source extension .ui for
kipiplugin_slideshow.la
ERROR:kipi-plugins/htmlexport/Makefile.am: unknown source extension .ui for
kipiplugin_htmlexport.la
ERROR:kipi-plugins/htmlexport/Makefile.am: unknown source extension .ui for
kipiplugin_htmlexport.la
ERROR:kipi-plugins/htmlexport/Makefile.am: unknown source extension .ui for
kipiplugin_htmlexport.la
ERROR:kipi-plugins/htmlexport/Makefile.am: unknown source extension .kcfgc for
kipiplugin_htmlexport.la
make: *** [all] Fehler 1

What did I do wrong?
Do I have to change some other settings/prefeixes...? (I am working on
OpenSuse 10.0, KDE 3.5.4)

Can you help me a step forward?
Thanks.

Daniel

-------------------
If you want to look at the complete compiler-output you can see it here:
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/exiv2.txt
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/digikam.txt

Here's what I did:
- made a directory /home/test/digikam_svn
- and another directory /home/test/digikamSVN
- downloaded "compile_exiv2.sh" and "compile_digikam.sh" and put them
in /home/test/digikam_svn
- downloaded "start_digikam.sh" and put it on Desktop
- adjusted DIGIKAMDEST to /home/test/digikamSVN in all 3 scripts
- cd to /home/test/digikam_svn
- run ./compile_exiv2.sh, then ./compile_digikam.sh
???

Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch