[Digikam-users] Download - autocreation of directories

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sun Nov 12 17:14:47 GMT 2006

The ferature in Digikam by which downloadfed pictures automatically go into
directories created according to picture date is great - but there is aone
thing which isn't ideal.

If I downloaded a series of pictures yesterday, the directory created would be
called 2006-11-11, and when doing the download I wouldn have set it to be
created under a higher level directory (in my case, the higher directory is
called just '2006').

If I do the same today, the default locatin for the new directory is under the
one I created yesterday, rather than under the higher-level directory I chose
yesterday.  So instead of having the natural structure of:

2006
 |-2006-11-11
 |-2006-11-12

I would have

2006
 |-2006-11-11
   |2006-11-12

Am I missing a setting somewhere, or do others agree that the more natural
behaviour woudl be for the selected 'base' directory to be maintained between
downloads?
--
David Aldred