[Digikam-users] hiding "empty" albums

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Sun Nov 12 13:16:52 CET 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 09:48:49PM +0100, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le samedi 11 novembre 2006 21:33, Thomas Hummel a écrit :
> > On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 07:35:02PM +0100, Thomas Hummel wrote:
> > > Is there a way to 'hide' them ?

> No way directly.

I see. Thanks for your answer.

So would you advise, to use digikam efficiently, to store pictures in
a simple layout on disk (i.e. no subfolders without images in it) ?

> Are you tried to use the Album flat view via View/Soert
> Album/By categories ?

Maybe we're not talking about the same version bacause I don't have
this menu item.
I'm using the english version of Digikam 0.8.2/KDE 3.5.5 on Kubuntu
6-10 desktop i386.

I read the digikam handbook on

but found no reference to "Categories". In the "View/Sort Album" menu,
I only have "By Folder", "By Collection", "By Date" items.

I guess what you call a category is a "Tag".
The only way I can have a flat view sorted by tags is, as expected, in
the "tags" tab located on the left sidebar.
thanks again.

Thomas Hummel