[Digikam-users] My first impression about the 0.8.2

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue May 30 18:03:25 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 02 Juin 2006 11:03 PM, yves.thomazeau a écrit :
> At last i have been able to get a 0.8 version for my picture collection ;
> I am quite pleased with it ,i enjoy the search improvement and all the
> little plus the team has added .
> For example i do not have now the disparition of the exif information after
> editing a picture and this is important for me .
> Two little things i have noticed that i d like to talk about .
> First : curiously, the exit tabs under properties are all empty for all my
> pictures now though the histogram and file properties are there ( and the
> exif too of i use Konqueror) .I maybe lack of some libs somwhere ?

Check libexif used by libkexif witch display Exif content.

> Secondly: I think from the beginning of my digikam discovery that counting
> should be added on the whole folders as it would be usefull to verify if
> all the pictures have been tagged.
> For example i know that i kave 200 pictures and i d like to see that all of
> them are localised (thet means that under the location etiquettes there are
> 200 pictures as well) .
> But maybe ther is better ways to control this ?

Yes, i think there is already a file in B.K.O about this subject. Not sure
because we have'nt yet started Tags fix report by users.

PS: have you take a look into 0.9.0-svn...

http://www.digikam.org/?q=image

and here the list of new feature and corrections :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/NEWS?rev=546569&view=auto

... and the list of fix to do :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/TODO?rev=546569&view=auto

Gilles