[Digikam-users] Picasa for Linux

Colin Guthrie kde at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 30 00:13:04 BST 2006

Caulier Gilles wrote:
>>All what I can say:
>>
>>LONG LIVE TO DIGIKAM :)
>

> This is the purpose of opensource software... and this is why i'm motivated to
> develop digiKam... and also because i'm passionate by digital photography
> (:=)))...

Couldn't agree more :)

The one thing I think is *really* nice about Picasa tho' is the Timeline
feature. It's rotating views of the various Galleries over time and the
gentle fade of the background is really pretty and a very nice way to
view your photos I think.

This is crying out for a Kipi-plugin based implementation. It should be
fairly easy to do for anyone with some GL prgramming background.

I would love to do this but really don't have that kind of background :(
Perhaps over summer I will find time to learn a little.

Col.
--

|     Colin Guthrie      |