[Digikam-users] 16bit Tiff's: no thumbs + 4 questions for 0.9.0 svn

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat May 27 16:17:02 BST 2006

Am Samstag, 27. Mai 2006 15:30 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:
> > > Ok. put me the tiff file somewhere to download, and let's me some time
> > > to download it. RTC connection at home (:=)))
> > >
> > > Gilles
> >
> > http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/6057_009uncorrected.tiff
> > http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/6057_009profile.tiff
> >
> > (1.4 MB each)
>
> I have no problems with these images.
>
> The relevant library is kio_digikamthumbnail.so, and it is not linked at
> startup, but loaded dynamically by KDE libs. Perhaps the one from your
> KDEDIR is used, or you have some old lib lying around somewhere? You could
> test that by renaming the file.
>
> Marcel

Thank you, Marcel, that's it!
I have 3 kio_digikamthumbnail.so's:

the 0.9.0 svn-source:
/eigene/rpms-progs/digikam_svn/graphics/digikam/kioslave/.libs/kio_digikamthumbnail.so

the one that gets installed with 0.9.0 svn install:
/opt/digikam-svn/lib/kde3/kio_digikamthumbnail.so

and the one thats installed by digikam 0.8.1 from Suse 10.0 rpm:
/opt/kde3/lib/kde3/kio_digikamthumbnail.so
(in Suse the KDE stuff seems to be in /opt/kde3/ )

renameing the one in /opt/digikam-svn/lib/kde3/ changes nothing.
renaming the one in /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/ gives an error in digikam startup.
Copying the one from /opt/digikam-svn/lib/kde3/ to /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/ makes
thumbnails work in 0.9.0 svn...

Unfortunately then new thumbnails in 0.8.1 don't work anymore, so I have to
rename back...

What changes must I take to configure/compile 0.9.0 svn so that the correct
so's are used with it (without disturbing my 0.8.1 install)? Can you help me
with this, too? The way how I compile and start svn is written in my mail to
this ML from yesertday 18:32...

regards

Daniel
special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com