[Digikam-users] 16bit Tiff's: no thumbs + 4 questions for 0.9.0 svn

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu May 25 19:12:59 BST 2006

Le Jeudi 25 Mai 2006 03:59 PM, Daniel Bauer a écrit :
> Hi list
>
> Don't know if this is a bug or a problem of my 0.9.0 svn-install:
>
> when saving a 16-bit TIFF there is no thumbnail for this picture.
> Only 8bit TIFF's get a thumbnail in the albums.

I'm currently working in tiff loader in digiKam core to support better
exif/makernote/iptc during saving from editor (TIFF/EP compliant).

I cannot reproduce this thumb problem with current implementation. digikam
kioslave witch perform thumbnails rendering support 16 bits images (that
konqueror don't support very well).

Are you sure that you kioslave used by digiKam is really from 0.9.0 not 0.8.x
(when you mix both versions on a system for example)

> questions:
>
> a) how do I save a 16bit picture (e.g. TIFF) as an 8bit-picture?

In editor, Toogle Color depth using 'Fix/Color/depth' menu.

> b) how do I save a picture with embeded profile without that profile (e.g.
> a srgb-JPEG for web use, that doesn't need embeded profile and should be as
> small as possible)

An advanced saving dialog with options is planed for the future. There is a
file in B.K.O.

> c) how do I save a picture without any additional headers (exif, iptc etc.)
> in digikam (I can use -strip in imagemagick, but can I do somethig like
> this in digikam too?)

not yet. like previous question.

> d) how can I add additional parameters for making JPEGS (e.g. like
> "interlace") in digikam?

Exif editor is planed for the future. There is a file in B.K.O

> Are these things to enter in the wishlist?

Look B.K.O entries, and add your comments if necessary.

Gilles