[Digikam-users] icc-profile for EOS 20D that should work with lcms

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sun May 21 15:47:47 BST 2006

Am Sonntag, 21. Mai 2006 14:52 schrieb Thorsten Schnebeck:
> Hi list and especially hi Daniel,
>
> I read and test a lot of stuff to get a better raw experience with a Canon
> DSLR and digiKam. As I own an IT8 card I created an icc profile by myself.
>
> Can you please test this one:
> http://www.schnebeck.de/file_download/2

Hi Thorsten,

In my settings this gives a darker result than the profile Gilles suggested:
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/ICCPROFILES/CameraProfiles/EOS 20D.icc
while this gives still to "flat" results

> For more background info please read:
> http://lprof.sourceforge.net/help/ufraw.html

This is interesting as I was desperatly searching for a tool to build my own
profiles... (I lost my self-made monitor profile made with adobe when Win98
deleted itself from my PC)

Since you've pointed me to LPROF ICC Profiler for Linux I'll now have to go
and find a new IT8 card somewhere to perform my own tests...

So far it is clear that having good results all depends on having the right
profiles. However I am still confused about the naming/handling of color
mangement in 0.9.0 svn as described in detail in my yesterday mail
"underlying / basic concepts of 0.9 colour management?" and I hope some
people will join in that thread next week...

Daniel

special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com