[Digikam-users] problems with ICC profiles

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri May 19 14:08:27 BST 2006

Am Freitag, 19. Mai 2006 14:06 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> BUT, with your Canon camera, you can use the linear profile available here
> (public domain!) :
>
> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~ture/eos10d/
>
> It work fine under linux (digikam & ufraw) !!! I have tested this one with
> Daniel image (very nice (:=)))...
>
> Gilles

Thanks for testing my picture, Gilles!

I tried the above profile.
- In editor view there was no change ???
- but using color->color management and then choosing the above for input and
the "generic monitor" or "adobe rgb 1998" for workspace gave slightly better
results, meaning brighter, but still very, very "flat" (poor contrast,
"milky" colours) - the same happens in UFraw.

Can you tell me what settings you entered in digikam (in raw image decoding
options and ICC settings), please?

I've entered the ICC settings like on your screenshot:
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/iccworkflowwithrawimages.png
except that I took the file from http://www.lysator.liu.se/~ture/eos10d/ for
"imput" and nothing for "Soft proof"

Maybe I missed something somewhere else, although I thought I tried
"everything"...

Daniel

special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com