[Digikam-users] first attempt with svn - one more Q.

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue May 16 11:31:46 BST 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 12:24 pm, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 10:04, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> > Am Montag, 15. Mai 2006 22:48 schrieb Caulier Gilles:
> > > thanks Daniel !
> > >
> > > Unforget to update source from svn reguliary. We working all day into
> > > digiKam.
> >
> > thanks for pointing this out. Sorry for another newbie-question then:
> >
> > On your website I read:
> > "To Update the SVN copy later simply give this command from the directory
> > above the digikam folder :
> > # svn up digkam"
> >
> > on my PC the source-code (graphics and libs directory) are
> > in /eigene/rpms-progs/digikam_svn, the install in /opt/digikam-svn
> >
> > is "the directory above the digikam folder" on my PC now
> > /eigene/rpms-progs/ or
> >  /opt/
> > ???
> >
> > and: after "svn up digkam", do I have to do
> >
> > # make -f Makefile.cvs
> > # ./configure (+my prefix)
> > # make
> > # make install
> >
> > every time?
> > Or is it already done with "svn up digkam"?
>
> No 'svn up' is just updating/downloading the sources. Makefile.cvs and
> configure you only have to do when a Makefile.am was in the updated files.

not only Gerhard, also when a new file based on QObject have been added on
repository.

In this case, if you don't rebuild the Makefile relevant of new QObject
implementation, you will have an error about a '.moc' file missing !

You can use 'make force-reedit' in local where the QObject implementation
based have been added instead to rebuild all makefiles to solve the
problem... but if you have a fast computer, this is not a problem to process
all Makefiles at the same time (:=)))

Gilles