[Digikam-users] first attempt with svn - no more Q. :-)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue May 16 11:16:36 BST 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 11:49 am, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 16. Mai 2006 10:17 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> > > On your website I read:
> > > "To Update the SVN copy later simply give this command from the
> > > directory above the digikam folder :
> > > # svn up digkam"
> > >
> > > on my PC the source-code (graphics and libs directory) are
> > > in /eigene/rpms-progs/digikam_svn, the install in /opt/digikam-svn
> > >
> > > is "the directory above the digikam folder" on my PC now
> > > /eigene/rpms-progs/ or
> > >  /opt/
> > > ???
> >
> > svn is a source code repository. You need to checkout the code where is
> > your local copy : /eigene/rpms-progs/digikam_svn
> > When you make a fresh checkout, you need to recompile and install digikam
> > and DigikamImagePlugins. Normally, you jest nedd to do :
> >
> > # make
> > # make install
> >
> > But sometimes, when some new implementation file have been added to svn,
> > you need to rebuild all from scratch, like this :
> >
> > # make distclean
> > # make -f Makefile.cvs
> > # ./configure (+my prefix)
> > # make
> > # make install
>
> Thanks for the details.

IMPORTANT :

the digiKam handbook is under construction by Gerhard Kulzer. It's a long task
to do. Not all is complete.

If you want some help about an option, for example to set properlly the ICC
settings management or the RAW file decoding settings, i recommend you to
read the contextual help for each option available using SHIFT+F1. Just click
on widget from gui where you want more informations, like this for example :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/contextualhelp.png

Note : this is me on the motorbike (:=)))

Gilles