[Digikam-users] first attempt with svn failed - can u help?

Duncan Hill digikam at nacnud.force9.co.uk
Mon May 15 18:53:29 BST 2006

Daniel Bauer wrote:

> and then:
> You're missing libMagick. The jpeglossless plugin will not be compiled.
>
> but libMagick is installed on my system and "locate libMagick" gives:
> /usr/lib/libMagick++.so.6
> /usr/lib/libMagick++.so.6.2.3
> /usr/lib/libMagick.so.6
> /usr/lib/libMagick.so.6.2.3

Debian/deb or RedHat/RPM package based system? (Or Gentoo etc?)

Either way, those are the runtime libraries, not the -dev(el) packages
required for compiling.

> I've installed exiv2 to /opt/digikam_exiv2 - but for sure did something wrong.
> I guess, I must somehow tell in the "compile_it"-script where exiv2 and
> libMagick are, but I have no idea, how to do that.

if [ $1 -eq 2 ]; then
  echo Get, compile and install digikam
  svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/graphics
  cd graphics
  svn up digikam
  svn up digikamimageplugins
  make -f Makefile.cvs
  LDFLAGS=-L/opt/exiv2/lib CXXFLAGS=-I/opt/exiv2/include ./configure
--enable-debug=full
  make
sudo  make install
fi

Change the LDFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to match your installation paths for
Exiv2.  Be sure to use the SVN version of Exiv2 too :)