[Digikam-users] Sony DSC-F717 not recognized

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon May 15 12:20:27 BST 2006

On Monday 15 May 2006 01:09 pm, Michael Marre wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> i compiled and installed digiKam 0.8.2-rc1 on my SuSE 9.3 system succesful
> and i am able to start digiKam without errors.
>
> So i connected my Sony DSC F717 via USB cable to my computer. Hotplug
> recognize the camara and mount the memory stick automatically at
> /media/MS_1. I am able to copy files from / to the Memory Stick.

In this case, you use a UMS store connection, not Gphoto2 driver.

> But if i try to configure the camera in digiKam automatic detection fails -
> also manual configuration by selecting the camera from the list.
>
> Of course the camera is switched on. It does not matter if the camera is in
> viewing mode or photo mode.
>
> What is going wrong here?

There is no camera drivers in digiKam. All drivers are included into Gphoto2
library.

Auto-detection mode use a fonction from Gphoto2. If this fonction failed,
digiKam said "no camera"

I suspect that you use a Gphoto2 version 2.1.x, not the future 2.2.0 always in
finalization. I think with this new release, Gphoto2 auto detection will be
improved. Perhaps your camera have been added to the list.

If you want to use your camera with digiKam without using Gphoto2 driver,
please select "Mounted Camera" from camera list in setup camera dialog. This
option is an universal UMS driver. Just set the mounted path used by Hotplug.

Regards