[Digikam-users] Color Management, various questions.

Tommaso Schiavinotto mynos_main at yahoo.it
Sun May 14 12:59:28 BST 2006

Hi all,

I've a Minolta Dynax 5D, I shoot RAW and I'm trying to figure out which
is the best setting for my workflow using the 0.9.0 svn version.

I'm using the Minolta profile for the 5D as input profile, AdobeRGB as
Workspace and sRGB as monitor. The results that I get are really good,
and it really make things easier.

What I would like to understand is the function of the
"Use color managed view". If it is unchecked, what am I seeing on the
monitor?

Another problem is how should I behave to have pictures that I want to
store or send for printing as AdobeRGB, and pictures for the web (read
flickr) in sRGB.

The last problem that I have is that sometime I get pictures from a
Dimage z5, how can I change the input profile only for those pictures?
Or maybe I don't care because they are simply JPGs?

Would that be possible to have digikam choosing the right input profile
based on the EXIF data?

Thanks in advance.

--Tommaso