[Digikam-users] where is img2mpg ?

Philippe Lefevre ph.l at libertysurf.fr
Sun May 7 22:12:48 BST 2006

In order to create a SVCD with my pictures, I was using img2mpg to convert my still jpeg pictures to mpeg.
I recently changed my system and distro and need to get img2mpg again but I cannot find it.
I read somewhere that the mjpegtools project integrate now this file (bash file ?) but I was unable to
find it (I installed ubuntu breezy mjpegtools package, it is not into )

I post this same message on the mjpegtools list and I was told that this program could be now part of
the digikam project. I installed digikam with digikamimageplugins but I seems not in too.

Is this program still available somewhere as it can be used in a batch script shell and there is no need
to install KDE ?

As I'm a Gnome user, is there a plan to make digikam running as a Gnome project ?.
I'm discovering it and it seems to me very nice even if there are some minor troubles when running as it is
under gnome.

If somebody could help... please CC to my Email adress as I'm not list member.
Thank you in advance.

PhiL