[Digikam-users] Symlink treatment

Benjamí Villoslada benjami at gmail.com
Mon May 1 20:54:10 BST 2006

In order to contain my ~/ stuff volume I've 2 photos directories:

1) ~/photos  (the last photos with ~/ daily backup)
2) /home/stuff/photos  (photos with intermitent DVD and CD backup)

I see all directories with digiKam because one a symlink in ~/photos that
points to /home/stuff/photos with the name «archived».

But  seems that tactic have some minor problems:

A) When I launch digiKam have 2 «archived» folder: One with the + symbol (that
works fine) and one useless empty folder.

B) Some actions in digiKam create a new «archived» empty folder, i.e. tag
image action.

When have a lot of «archived» empty folders I restart digiKam and
dissapears --well always have a first «archived» empty folder explained in A

$ digikam --version
Qt: 3.3.6
KDE: 3.5.2
digiKam: 0.8.2-beta1