[Digikam-users] blueish shadows near high contrast

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Sat Mar 25 07:58:58 GMT 2006

Roberto Winter írta:
> hello,
>
> i don't really know if this is off topic or not, sorry if this is not
> the appropriate question for this list.
> but i've noticed lately that most of my images have something that
> really annoy me. the thing is this blueish shadow thing near high (or
> not so very high) contrast areas (see attachment).
> i'd really like to know if anyone can point me to a way of dealing
> with this since it invariably "uglifies" my pictures.
>
> thanks a lot!
> roberto
Hi!

This is called "purple fringe". This effect is coming from the lenses.
It is a form of chromatic aberration (CA), and I would say it is
"normal" on low end cameras/lenses. If you want to avoid this, usually
you have to spend a lot :) (eg. buy a DSLR and lenses with low CA)
If you are more interested go and type purpe fringe into google.

Regards,
Gabor