[Digikam-users] Jpeg file opened as RAW after debian upgrade

Pierre Dinh-van pierre at qsdf.org
Sun Mar 19 18:06:54 GMT 2006

Hello everyone,

I'm using Digikam for one month (and i'm very happy with it), but I just made
an upgrade of my debian testing and I got a problem.

Since I did my upgrade, digikam (0.8.1-3) can't open jpeg files via the
default image viewer or showFoto (is it the same ?).
If I run it from a console, I get :

digikam: WARNING: Running dcraw command : dcraw -c -2 -w -a -q 0
'/home/pierre/Centralisation_Photos/1_Nouvelles/2006-03--Anti_CPE/2006-03-18--Manif_CPE/imgp0060.jpg'
/home/pierre/Centralisation_Photos/1_Nouvelles/2006-03--Anti_CPE/2006-03-18--Manif_CPE/imgp0060.jpg:
Cannot decode PENTAX Optio 50L JPEG images.
digikam: WARNING: Not a raw digital camera image.

The Digikam image editor or showFoto just show a black rectangle which size is
0x0 pixels.

It can open png files with no problem, and launching a slideshow in fullscreen
works also.

I looked in the mime types configuration, but it seems that .jpeg and .jpg are
in the correct place...

I would be very happy if someone can help me to find what happened !

Thanks

Pierre Dinh-van