[Digikam-users] jpeg lossless rotation?

jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 18 05:05:26 GMT 2006

My camera E550 doesn't seem to record orientation data so all of the pics
I take in portrait show up "rotated" to the left. I want to go through my
collection and rotate them all into portrait view. Being jpegs I am
worried that if I just rotate them I will be resaving them and hence
losing quality - is this right? I know there is supposed to be a kipi
plugin for lossless jpeg rotation but I can't find the menu entry in
digikam for this. I am using digikam 0.8.1 and have kipi plugins installed
and the lossless plugin is checked in settings. I am using kubuntu dapper
btw.