[Digikam-users] workflow?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Mar 7 10:11:20 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 10:44 am, jdd wrote:
> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> (...)
>
> Gilles you are really working hard :-) thanks :-)
>
> any roadmap for stable release?
>
> thanks again
> jdd

Well, The first beta 0.9.0 will be released certainly during april or may,
depending of finalization of code and free time.

Actually in digikam core, features listed below are complete :

- advanced RAW file decoding settings.
- 16 bits images support.
- Image plugins.
- Image properties sidebar.
- threaded io file access.
- Complete rewrite of image editor GUI implementation (it's really common
between showfoto and digiKam IE)
- image plugins GUI (zooming, preview modes).
- New progress bar in IE during loading/saving image file.
- IPTC/MakerNote support using Exiv2 library.

Any parts need to be finalized :

- Finalize Metadata support using Exiv2
- ICC profiles management (especially monitor profile support). Paco and me
will do it in a near future.

- Any files in B.K.O need to be fixed before the beta1.
- DigikamImagePlugins port to 16 bits is uncomplete (see TODO files). Marcel
Wiesweg working with me to finalize these ports...
- Any indeep tests need to be done using 'valgrind' to check possible memory
leak problems.
- The handbook need to be updated. There is a large job to do.
- And of course, testing, testing, testing...

I'm trying to post any news when something have been completed to current
implementation using my blog available at this url :

http://www.digikam.org/?q=blog/3

About stable branch, a 0.8.2 release need to be done in a near future like a
bugs fix release, especially about the major problem of RAW/JPEG detection.
Sebastian Roeder will trying to make beta1 tarballs this week if it's
possible.

Gilles