[Digikam-users] [Digikam-devel] Image Metadata extraction : implementation progress...

Andreas Huggel ahuggel at gmx.net
Thu Mar 2 11:09:59 GMT 2006

Gilles Caulier wrote:

>Ok, we have improved the "tag values" output. Now, still the problem to do an
>user friendly output of "tag names" like :
>
>DateTimeOriginal ==> Image timestamp.

I missed that one out. Try Exiv2::ExifTags::tagTitle(), I think this is
what you are looking for, although these labels may need tweaking.
Suggestions welcome.

>In ExifWidget::decodeMetadata() my implementation is  :

>for (Exiv2::ExifData::iterator md = exifData.begin(); md != exifData.end();
>++md)
>        {
>            QString key   = QString::fromLocal8Bit(md->key().c_str());
>
>            // Decode the tag value with a user friendly output.
>            std::ostringstream os;
>            os << *md;
>            QString value = QString::fromLocal8Bit(os.str().c_str());
>
>            // We apply a filter to get only standard Exif tags, not maker
>notes.
>            if (stdExifFilter.contains(key.section(".", 1, 1)))
>                metaDataMap.insert(key, value);
>        }
>
>There is a way to make it automaticly using Exiv2 ?

Not sure which part you'd like to have automated, but I can't see
anything that Exiv2 could do for you here.
If anything, I suggest to decode the value only inside the if, i.e.,
only if you actually need it.

-ahu.