[Digikam-users] [Digikam-devel] Image size

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Jun 22 17:16:13 BST 2006

Le Jeudi 22 Juin 2006 17:22, vous avez écrit :
> On Thursday 22 June 2006 06:05, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> > Le Mercredi 21 Juin 2006 22:57, Roy a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i'm using digikam todays svn and wonder why it opens an image of size
> > > 1536x1024 in Image Editor when I click on a cr2 RAW image of size
> > > 3474x2314. Any help will be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thank you very much.
> > >
> > > Roy
> >
> > It's a bug in Exiv2 about CR2 files, not digiKam directly. I can
> > reproduce it.
> >
> > "Exif.Image.ImageWidth" and "Exif.Image.ImageLength" values are wrong,
> > but... "Exif.Photo.PixelXDimension" and "Exif.Photo.PixelYDimension"
> > values are right !
> >
> > Andreas, your viewpoint ?
> >
> > Gilles
>
> You're right, it looks like IFD0 contains a reduced size JPEG preview image
> only. What if I simply don't extract those tags from IFD0 which are related
> to the preview image, since they are not actual Exif tags? Does digikam
> rely on Exif.Image.ImageWidth and Length?

No, you can remove this IFD0 from CR2. I check exif.photo.* tags in first to
get image size and after exif.image.* tags. In fact, all code relevant of
Exiv2 is wrapped in the DMetadata class :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dmetadata/dmetadata.cpp?rev=553873&view=auto

Look my last changes in QSize DMetadata::getImageDimensions() method...

Gilles