[Digikam-users] Using digikam on two computers?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jun 17 15:00:43 BST 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> And then these could be imported again. If it's kipi, then any other
> KDE app could import them as well, making migration easy.

Good idea.

I think this will require a change to the Kipi API to allow more direct
interfacing with host applications with respect to Tags/Categories/etc.

Kipi is currently about to make a new release and once that is done
there is going to be some consultation to determin how we can break the API!

I for one want to add a preference storage mechanism for images and
albums through KIPI, such that a plugin can store flags and such for
albums and images. These would be internal, non-user visiable values.

So if this kind of thing is to be supported, then it makes sense to
re-evaluate the attributes code currently in the KIPI api (which was
added to work with Gwenview categories IIRC) to work more generically
with tags/categories etc.

Not looked too hard at the code, so I could be mis-informed here - be
warned ;)

Col.