[Digikam-users] Color management.. again

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Jun 16 07:01:03 BST 2006

On Thursday 15 June 2006 23:49, Tommaso Schiavinotto wrote:
> Ok.. I'm sorry forget everything... to clone out some dust, I opened it
> with The Gimp, loosing all the information
> about the sRGB and the 16bits as well, and I saved the image on the same
> PNG as a mistake.
>
> Sorry for blaming you...

No problem. Gimp is a shame about metadata preservation, Color management, and
16 bits color depth rules !

I'm working like you with my MRW files. I convert it to PNG. All metadata are
preserved and the workspace color profiles is recorded into the image. There
is no problem to reload it later in editor.

Gilles