[Digikam-users] digiKam 0.8.2 rc1 & KDE 3.5.3

Marcus Popp marcus.popp at paranoidbsd.org
Thu Jun 1 22:38:31 BST 2006

Hello,

are any problems known if you want to run digikam within kde 3.5.3?

If I try to run digiKam 0.8.2 rc1 (prebuilt packages and/or selfmade binarys)
within kde 3.5.3 (Kubuntu 6.06) I get the following error:

kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype Digikam/ImagePlugin not found
digikam: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'digikamdates'.
digikam:
digikam: WARNING: [void AlbumManager::slotResult(KIO::Job*)] Failed to list dates
digikam: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'digikamalbums'.
digikam:
digikam: WARNING: Failed to list url: Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'digikamalbums'.

B.K.O?

so long,

Marcus.