[Digikam-users] installation digikam 0.9

roessli bertrand broessli at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 29 15:51:30 BST 2006

hello,

first of all thanks for answering quickly.

I think I made some progress but still...

I installed the ***_dev packages (it seems that sqlite3-dev under debian is called libghc6-hsql-sqlite3-dev ) and now svn installs digikam properly but version 0.8.2...

With the sourceforge version I get now an error while compiling
ader.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/tiffloader.Tpo" ".deps/tiffloader.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/tiffloader.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
/usr/include/exiv2/exif.hpp: In member function 'virtual const Exiv2::Value& Exiv2::Exifdatum::value() const':
/usr/include/exiv2/exif.hpp:287: error: exception handling disabled, use -fexceptions to enable
make[5]: *** [tiffloader.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/media/hda7/broessli/prog/digikam-0.9.0-beta1/digikam/libs/dimg/loaders'

bertrand roessli

Duncan Hill <digikam at nacnud.force9.co.uk> wrote: On Saturday 29 July 2006 13:35, roessli bertrand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to install digikam 0.9 on Ubuntu dapper and I am running into some
> problems:
>
> first I tried through svn using the script that is on the digikam.org page
> and everything went smoothly, but I still have digikam 0.8  :-\

Suggestion:

Backup your image directory.
Uninstall digikam 0.8
Compile and install 0.9 using the default paths it picks.

You'll get .9 in the 'right' places that way without having to muck with
environment variables and paths.

You can always use make uninstall to clean the .9 install out, and
reinstall .8 using apt-get.

> -- digiKam configure results -------------------
> -- sqlite3 found.................. NO
>
> digiKam needs sqlite3. You need to install sqlite3 3.x, e.g. from
> http://www.sqlite.org
>
> -- gphoto2 found.................. NO

apt-get install sqlite3-dev
apt-get install libgphoto2-dev

Or something like that.  aptitude or synaptic should help you find the devel
libs.  Very critical.  sqlite is the DB engine that drives tagging etc,
gphoto2 is what gets the images from a camera.