[Digikam-users] installation digikam 0.9

roessli bertrand broessli at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 29 13:35:16 BST 2006

Hello,

I tried to install digikam 0.9 on Ubuntu dapper and I am running into some problems:

first I tried through svn using the script that is on the digikam.org page and everything went smoothly, but I still have digikam 0.8  :-\

second I tried to recompile from source using the sourceforge depository and after installing a few packages, compiling went also nice but there is no digikam on /usr/local/bin?

I have no clue of what is going on and would be happy to have an advice.

The output of the configuration script looks fine to me, altough
it could not find the packages sqlite3 and gphoto2 that are installed.
Are these packages absolutley necessary?

-- digiKam configure results -------------------
-- sqlite3 found.................. NO

digiKam needs sqlite3. You need to install sqlite3 3.x, e.g. from
http://www.sqlite.org

-- gphoto2 found.................. NO

digiKam needs gPhoto2. You need to install gPhoto2, e.g. from
http://www.gphoto.org/download.html

-- libkipi found.................. YES
-- libtiff found.................. YES
-- libpng found................... YES
-- lcms found..................... YES
-- Exiv2 library found............ YES

I have 2 (naive) other questions

what is the answer to
export KDEDIR=KDE_installation_dir_on_your_system

for ubuntu dapper?

and second

how long does it usually take to have an update/upgrade from Ubuntu?

(I know that I should wait, but I would like to try digikam 0.9 NOW)

thank you,

Bertrand Roessli