[Digikam-users] New French law... ?

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Jul 28 12:38:31 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 28 Juillet 2006 13:22, Duncan Hill a écrit :
> On Friday 28 July 2006 12:08, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> > On Friday 28 July 2006 04:07, Duncan Hill wrote:
> > > Gilles, how does
> > >
> > > http://soufron.typhon.net/spip.php?article150
> > >
> > > affect your work on digiKam?
> >
> > How would it?
>
> Encumbrance on dealing with any form of DRM, such as encryption/encoding of
> proprietary information in RAW file formats?

This law do not affect (actually) the photography world, but only the Musics
and movies world. It dedicaced to limit downloading over internet and other
stuff...

digiKam do not make reverse-engenering somewhere directly. The only parts
where we can found decryption/decoding of proprietary informations are Exiv2
and dcraw...

Gilles