[Digikam-users] comments in exif data oder jpeg somments field

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Jul 20 15:00:38 BST 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 15:42, Christian Hentschel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Although there exists the possibility in the options pane to store the
> image comments directly in the jpeg-comments field this doesn't seem to
> work for me.

Since digiKam 0.8.0, digiKam store Comments to JFIF section. Witch digiKam
release you use ?

until 0.8.2, digiKAm use libexif for that. With 0.9.0 release, we will use
Exiv2 library instead.

> I just achieve to store the infor in the digikam light-db.
> Is my exif-data entry corrupt?

Send me a JPEG sample in private mail for that...

> Am I doing something wrong or is this
> feature just not completely implemented and if so when will it be ready
> for use?

It's implemented.

Note : in 0.9.0 digiKam store comments in IPTC too.

Gilles