[Digikam-users] crash when downloading photos

Michał Trzciński jz at vanet.pl
Wed Jul 19 22:08:58 BST 2006

Hello all,

I have 512MB RAM and 256MB swap partition.
When im trying download images from my Canon IXUS-30 (full 512MB SD Card)
Digicam is crashing on 75% because my system doesn't have enough memory...
and can't download all images at one time.
To download all images i have to download it with 2 parts. Ex. One for 50% and
second for last 50%. But i want to download at one time...
Digicam uses ram and swap memory to download images from camera. It should use
hard disk memory or should use ram or swap memory but clean it on fly after
previous image to have a free memory for next image.
When i run 'free' command (when images are downloading) i see that Digicam
clears (sometimes) memory, but memory used by Digicams grows anyway... grows
to situation when my box doesn't have more memory...
It is possible to protect Digicam against that?

Regards,
Michal