[Digikam-users] Sony DSC-S40 Cyber-shot

David Matthews dmatthews at mailc.net
Tue Jul 18 16:25:16 BST 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:00:15 +0200
digikam-users-request at kde.org wrote:

> I suppose your camera was attached and switched on when you did this lsusb
> (otherwise you wouldn't see anything of the camera).
>  At my place it looks like this: $ lsusb
> Bus 003 Device 012: ID 04a9:30ee Canon, Inc. EOS 350D
> Bus 003 Device 004: ID 04b8:0122 Seiko Epson Corp.
> ..
> This means the device can be found there:
> $ ls -la /dev/bus/usb/003/012
> crw-rw---- 1 root camera 189, 267 2006-07-16 19:25 /dev/bus/usb/003/012

yes ok, I must plug in the camera, then I get
lsusb
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 054c:004e Sony Corp. DSC-xxx (ptp)

However there is no 001 folder (or any others) in /dev/usb
--
David

dmatthews at mailc.net
Public key at hkp://www.keys.eu.pgp.net
and http://pooter.sourceforge.net/dmatthews.asc

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill. The
element that makes the bond good makes the bill good ?
It is absurd to say that our country can issue $30,000,000 in bonds and
not $30,000,000 in currency." [Thomas Edison, Quoted in The New York Times, 6 December 1921]
http://www.prosperityuk.com/prosperity/prosperity.html

War is largely a matter of money. Bankers lend money to foreign countries
and when they cannot repay, the President sends marines to get it. I
know-I've been in eleven of these expeditions.
(General Smedley Butler of Pennsylvania, 1934.)

The third method (of conquest) can be called economic conquest. It takes place
when nations are placed under "tribute" without the use of visible force or
coercion, so that the victims do not realize they have been conquered.
"Tribute" is collected from them in the form of "legal" debts and taxes, and
they believe they are paying it for their own good, for the good of others,
or to protect all from some enemy. Their captors become their "benefactors"
and "protectors".
Pastor Sheldon Emry

Is not the right to create £100 at the stroke of a pen indeed a mighty
privilege?