[Digikam-users] Sony DSC-S40 Cyber-shot

David Matthews dmatthews at mailc.net
Fri Jul 14 14:55:36 BST 2006

> The camera is set to PTP;  Digikam will autodetect it,  but gives me a Connection failed error every time I try to connect. Editing the autodetected camera to the correct model makes no difference.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything here?

Replying to my own question here; a work around, I discovered, is to run digikam as root, or use sudo. Doesn't seem that elegant a way of doing things though. Is there a device file I should change the permissions of?

--
David

dmatthews at mailc.net
Public key at hkp://www.keys.eu.pgp.net
and http://pooter.sourceforge.net/dmatthews.asc

War is largely a matter of money. Bankers lend money to foreign countries
and when they cannot repay, the President sends marines to get it. I
know-I've been in eleven of these expeditions.
(General Smedley Butler of Pennsylvania, 1934.)