[Digikam-users] Can't Move Photos from Camera into DigiKam

mowestusa mowestusa at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 02:02:05 GMT 2006

I'm using a Kodak Easy Share CX7530 and the latest
DigiKam with plugins available in the unstable Debian
repositories. DigiKam 0.8.0 under KDE 3.5 with Kipi
0.1.2.

I have successfully used DigiKam about 6 months ago,
but now it doesn't seem to work with my new install
and a new computer.

DigiKam starts without a problem, auto detects the
camera without a problem. When you open the camera it
sees all the files and the correct file names.
However, it will not show the thumbnails like you
would expect it to do. Also when I try to open any of
the jpegs on the camera I get the message, "Failed to
retrieve file 100_0605.JPG from camera". If I try to
download all or selected pictures I get the following
error message, "Failed to download file JILLLI~1.JPG.
Do you want to continue?" For ever picture on the
camera. All of these files are being read off of a SD
card.

The computer is dual boot, so I have hooked the camera
up when booted into Windows XP and it sees all the
pictures and copies them without issue, so I believe
the hardware is just fine with the computer, cord,
camera, and SD card since it works in Windows XP. That
leaves a software problem, but I'm unsure where it
might be in Linux or DigiKam.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Steve
mowestusa