[Digikam-users] Storing Albums

Duncan Hill digikam at nacnud.force9.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 08:33:00 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 18:56, Mark Phillips wrote:
> How can I put my albums on a remote file server? Do I use smb or some other
> remote sharing facility.
>
> Can I run digikam on my laptop to connect to the camera, but put all the
> images and albums on a remote server on my network?

Warning:  I haven't tried this, it's based on knowledge of KDE.

If you're using KDE along with digiKam, then you may be able to specify the
album root location as smb://some.smb.server/path, or
fish://some.ssh.server/path.

I have tried this:

I happen to have an SMB server mounted via fstab, and while digiKam allows me
to choose a path under that mount point, it seems to have frozen.  I also
seem to be unable to start digikam again now.. time to edit the .rc file.

So maybe not :(