[Digikam-users] Testers needed.

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Sun Jan 15 23:28:05 GMT 2006

Am Montag 16 Januar 2006 00:17 schrieb Tung NGUYEN:
> Le Dimanche 15 Janvier 2006 23:13, Tom Albers a écrit :
> > Are you both working on kde < 3.5 ?  If so, are you able to mount (and
> > after that access) the devices as the user who runs digikam?
> > >
> > > - hda5 ( /home, mounted ) : Camera->Media Browse => nothing happens

> I use KDE 3.4.2, can you give me the command which allows a normal user to
> mount a device ?

As you have a mounted /home partition which you can access as user for sure I
think this test Tom asked for already failed on your system.

As user you can only mount partitions that are part of your /etc/fstab and you
use something like
mount /home
as user or (e.g.)
mount -t reiserfs /dev/hda5 /home -o rw,user
as root.

Bye

  Thorsten