[Digikam-users] problems with utf8

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Fri Jan 13 19:11:40 GMT 2006

hello :-)

I have very odd problems with comments.

I use the ability of digikam to store it's comments in the
exifs.

like this I can copy comments and images together and
process them afterward.

I'm french, so I need accents. my distribution (suse 10.0)
uses utf8

I have two problems:

* when I add a comment, this one is not always copied to
exifs, mostly when there is only one shot modifyed. I have
this often, but can't be sure what it is. editing the texte
and doing next correct the problem

* when I copy images from an album to an other using
konqueror I have a curious result:
- in digikam, the copy do not display normaly, the accented
letters display they ASCII counter part or sort of (in fact
Valérie displays Valérie)
- azt the same time if I let the mouse pointer on the very
same file in konqueror the correct comment is displayed
(with the correct é)

jhead do the same

jdd at peter-suse:/data2/photos
retouchees/dvds/2005/originaux/20051019> jhead img_1882.jpg
File name    : img_1882.jpg
(...)
Comment      : Valérie, ...

if I copy the files within digikam, there is no problem (but
this is not really handy) - may be a digikam database problem?.

what can I do?

thanks
jdd
--