[Digikam-users] Canon Digital Rebel xt 350D

Alex Insaurralde ainsaur at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 15:21:14 GMT 2006

No, the camera communications is set to "PTP".  I do make sure that  I start Digikam first, then turn on the camera and press "play".  Then I select "USB PTB Camera".  I am mentioning the sequence because I noticed that if I have the camera on before I start Digikam, it doesn't work.  The other thing you should know (in case it makes a difference), is that I'm using Mandriva 2006 (although it works in earlier versions).

my camera is recognized the same way in the add camera
window. When I try to access it in the Camera dialouge
the comaera is not recognized there. Did you have to
adjust any other settings?

--- Alex Insaurralde <ainsaur at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have the 350D and it works with no problems.  What
> I did originally to have digikam recognize my camera
> was to have the camera turned on, set to the program
> mode (although I think any mode will work), and then
> I pressed "play".  When I went to the "add camera"
> menu, digikam recognized my camera as a "USB PTP
> Class Camera" .
>
>  Hope this helps.

Alex Insaurralde