[Digikam-users] Photographs with metadata...

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Thu Feb 23 16:23:48 GMT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2006 16:30 schrieb Thorsten Schnebeck:
> You know that there are many
> potential users out there who are very sceptic to trust relevant
> image information in a separate database. They want to have all
> information of an image into the image and they ask if its
> possible to sync database and image pool.

ehm, yes in one way but no in another:

I often use search tags that are definitively only for my own personal use,
important to me for sorting things out, but not for public eyes.

to integrate IPTC data would really be nice (and kind of important for
professionals), but it would be *very* bad, if e.g. one day one of my
customers receives an image containing something like "unusable, but good
enough for this guy" ;-)

So, if you one day add the function to put additional information into the
image file, it must be easy to distinguish whether the info will be written
into the database only or into the image file. There must be a clear
difference between both uses.

Daniel

special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com